Around & About
– Home of the 2012 Olympics for sailing events. Safe golden award-winning sandy beaches and a harbour where boat fishing and diving trips can be arranged and also trips to the Channel Isles and St Malo in France. 10 pin bowling 9 screen multiplex cinema and swimming pool. Excellent facilities for sailing and sail boarding.
-Sea Life Centre - A 7 acre Park with more than 1,000 creatures on display including seals, otters, crocodiles, turtles, sharks & penguins, plus 5 great kids’ rides, making us the perfect day out for the whole family!!!
– A quaint fishing harbour. Fishing and diving trips.
(visible from the Park) – Where you can enjoy wonderful views over Weymouth and Portland.
- An ideal location for beach fishing.
– (about half an hour by car from the Park)
Good shopping and a bustling quay adjacent to Poole Harbour (the second biggest natural harbour in the world). Pleasure trips around the harbour and to Brownsea Island. Fishing and diving rips can be arrange from here as well as day trips to France. Reputed to have the best beaches in England.
– A traditional family beach resort.
– Swannery and Sub-Tropical Gardens.
– Tank Museum. The world’s largest and finest collection of tanks and armoured fighting vehicles.
– Home of Concorde. Houses the largest collection of Naval Aircraft in Europe
– One of the finest wildlife parks in the South West.
– 30 acres of gardens and a medieval abbey.
– Built in 1086 the ruins are perched above the quaint village of Corfe.
- Monkey World - One of the biggest and most fascinating ape and monkey rescue centres in the world.
– Home of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
– An unspoiled seaside resort and fishing port on the world famous Cobb harbour
– Celebrated landscape garden and Palladian mansion
County Town and birthplace of Thomas Hardy. Maiden Castle, Dorset County Museum; Dinosaur Museum; Tutankhamen Museum and indoor leisure centre with public swimming pool.